Wireless Internet at Elk Regional
In order to present its patients with a more relaxing, comfortable experience, Elk Regional Health Center is now offering Wireless Internet to its patients and their visitors in all patient rooms and waiting rooms.
Patients may use their personal Wi-Fi enabled device to access Elk Regional’s wireless connection. Wi-Fi enabled devices include laptop computers, Netbooks or Web-enabled cell phones or smartphones. Once connected, users may browse the Internet using popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari.
Laptops and other Wi-Fi capable devices are subject to the same requirements as outlined in the hospital’s policy on cell phone use. If the devices cause any interference with medical equipment, the patient’s computer use will be prohibited. In addition, patients may not use audible alarms or Web cams. In order to view Web pages with sound, such as YouTube, patients are required to use headphones.
To connect to Elk Regional's Wi-Fi, please use the following walkthrough:
1. Select your Wireless Connection Icon. On some computers, it may look a little different than the picture below. Mouse over the icon and it should say "Wireless Internet Connection." Double click the icon.
2. A window similar to the one below should appear. You should see a connection called "ERHS_Guest." Click the Connect button.
3. A warning window may pop up when you're trying to connect. This warning is making you aware that you are not connecting to an encrypted network. If you would like to send confidential information over the Internet, you will need to use your own encryption software. Click "Connect Anyway" to continue connecting.
4. While waiting to connect, your computer may tell you that it is attempting to acquire a network address. Please be patient, as this can sometimes take a few moments.
5. When your computer tells you that you're "connected," you can click the red X to close the window and return to your desktop.
6. You may now open your Internet browser. Compatible browsers include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari.
7. If you are using Internet Explorer, you may receive a Security Alert pop-up window. This warning is making you aware that you are not connecting to an encrypted network. Click "Yes" to continue.
8. When you have successfully connected to Elk Regional's Wi-Fi, you will be taken to a welcome screen. You must read and accept the Terms of Service in order to continue. Once you click "Accept," you will be able to surf the Internet using Elk Regional's Wi-Fi.
To download and read the Terms of Service (PDF format), please click the button below. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, standard on most computers, you may go here for a free download.