At Elk Regional Health System, we believe health care doesn’t always have to wait until you need to see your primary care physician or until you come into the Emergency Department. We offer a number of health and wellness programs designed to keep you and your loved ones healthy, in addition to a variety of support groups to provide you with the support network you need to meet your health and wellness goals.
To read more about some of the programs we offer, please use the links below.
For more information or for a full directory of the programs we offer, please call our Public Relations department at (814) 788-8532 or (814) 788-8832.
Elk Regional Health Center’s Yogilates class is a special blend of Yoga and Pilates, designed to integrate the Pilates methodology into the practice of hatha yoga for a more complete system of exercise. Yogilates is offered in ERHC’s outpatient rehabilitation building, which is located behind the hospital. Students are asked to bring their own yoga mat. Classes are offered on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $3 per class. For more information, call (814) 788-8685.
back to top
Drop 10 in 10:
This 10-week innovative weight management program shows you how to add a healthy balance to your life with the power of 10. This is offered through Highmark Blue Cross, Blue Shield. Cost for Highmark members is $18. For non Highmark members, the cost is $103. To check class availability and to register, call (814) 788-8833.
back to top
Eat Well for Life:
This four-week lifestyle improvement program promotes wellness and long-term weight management through balanced nutrition, cooking demonstrations and other hands-on experiences. To check class availability and to register, call (814) 788-8707.
back to top
Discover Relaxation Within:
This four-week improvement program will help you identify stressors and teaches specific relaxation techniques that can reduce and manage stress. To check class availability and to register, call (814) 788-8707.
back to top
Personal Nutrition Coaching:
This personalized program is designed by a registered dietitian and addresses weight management, heart health or diabetic needs. To check class availability and to register, call (814) 788-8707.
back to top
- Lamaze Classes: A six-week childbirth series aimed at empowering women to make informed choices in childbirth, gain confidence in their ability to give birth and develop skills needed for labor. The series is taught by Linda Stewart, RN, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, is a Maternity Unit experienced Registered Nurse, labor support specialist and mother of two. Topics covered during the six week series include but are not limited to: anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, labor and delivery; relaxation and breathing techniques; comfort measures in labor; hospital procedures; medications; newborn care; breast feeding; post-partum care and parenting. For more information, call (814) 788-8558.
- Pre-Natal Education: Labor, delivery, newborn and postpartum care are all covered during this four week session. Cost is $20. Classes are offered on Thursdays between 7-9 p.m. For more information and a class schedule, call (814) 788-8558.
- Hypno-Birthing Classes:Our hypno-birthing classes give the mother an opportunity to learn relaxation techniques to eliminate fear, tension and pain as well as to provide instruction in baby and self care, and labor and delivery. Cost is $50 per couple. For more information, call (814) 788-8558.
- Breast Feeding Support Group:
Elk Regional Health Center offers a breast feeding support group for mothers, fathers and their newborn babies the 4th Thursday of every month at 7:00pm in the Family Unit. This group is overseen by a Certified Lactation Consultant and a Certified Lactation Counselor. Classes are offered at 7 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month. For more information, call our Family Unit at (814) 788-8558.
- Diabetic Support Group:
Elk Regional Health Center offers a monthly support group meeting for individuals with diabetes the 3rd Wednesday of every month from September through June. The group meets from 6-7 p.m. in the Education Center at Elk Regional Health Center. For more information, please call (814) 788-8660.
- Eating Disorders Support Group:
Elk Regional Health Center offers a support group for men and women with eating disorders. These disorders include anorexia, bulimia or for those with disordered or over eating problems. The group meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from September through May from 7-8 p.m. in the Education Center at Elk Regional Health Center. For more information, please call (814) 788-8174.
- Smoking Cessation Support Group:
Do you smoke or chew? Do you want to quit? Elk Regional Health Center can help. We offer a 7-week program that can help you quit using tobacco products. During the program, smoking cessation counselors will discuss with you the benefits of quitting; help you understand why you smoke; help you set a quit date; help you make a quit plan; help you manage stress; help you manage withdrawal symptoms; discuss how to avoid temptation; discuss how to handle being around other smokers and help you stay smoke free. For more information, give us a call at (814) 788-5647.